Saturday, June 5, 2010

There's no place like home

I got to sleep in this morning for the first time in forever! We went back to Spencer's and did a lot more shopping. Amy, Raegan, Kristin, Katie, Olivia and Boston met us there. One of the shop keepers that i'd made friends with yesterday was happy that i came back to his shop with new people so i pretended i'd brought them there on purpose so Katie and Raegan could get a discount. It was so funny, they totally gave katie a free pair of earrings and hardly even gave raeagan a discount. She was like "I want this free, and this, and this." and they're like...No. And he invited me to go to back home to Kashmir with him next time he goes. Score!
Even though this has been a nice break and all the comforts are nice, i really miss rso! I've gotten used to being around all the volunteers and kids and being away from them has made me realize i truly love them all. I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that i only have a week left.
By the way, one thing i love about india is how easy they make it to be a vegetarian. We went to Subway today and they had a whole separate counter for veg and non-veg. So great!

1 comment: